Nikon Z6ii image review freezing

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,125
Re: Nikon Z6ii image review freezing

DanishMacro wrote:

Carlo86 wrote:

Thanks for the hint!

Indeed - tried now with an older 32GB Sandisk Extreme card and the difference was visible, although still not perfect I would say.

But still seems Nikon screwed up a bit here - as I didn't remember such problems with my older cameras I did a similar test with that slower card on my D810, which should make roughly for an equal setting (much bigger RAW files but less FPS) - so just flooded the buffer and pressed the display button - and after 1s or so of initial lag could immediately scroll backwards! So seems they've re-invented the wheel on the Z6ii a bit and in the wrong direction...

This is probably why Nikon didn’t include a second (SD) slot on the original Z6: People will blame the camera/Nikon for the lag caused by terrible SD-card speeds.

As far as I remember The d810 is capable of 5 fps a full resolution. The Z6 ii is capable of atleast twice that in normal circumstances.

It’s hard numbers. Your SD card is the bottleneck. Change it to something fitting for your use.

It's not related to the second card slot, as the card slots are more than capable (with even a UHS-I card) to handle the bandwidth of burst shooting.

I would suggest the OP try a newer UHS-I Class 2 or Class 3 card.  There is also an option in the menus where it will display all images after a continuous (burst) shoot.  Turn that off too.  Try those two things and get back to us.

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z5 Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow