OK potentially buying into EOS M...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
iamneallyons Forum Member • Posts: 69
OK potentially buying into EOS M...

OK quick run through..Initially i started out shooting with Fujifilm gear and ultimately ended up selling it as i was fed up with the lack of lens choice and ultimately how expensive their lenses were, even for a budget lens AND a distinct lack of anything at the telephoto end other than a £1300 100-400 or a budget 50-230mm..

So i ended up selling my ILC kit and bought myself a Panasonic FZ1000 as i figured it would be a "do-it-all-mostly" type of package for riding about on my motorbike and shooting some nice scenery and then passing bikers etc and it certainly does tick a lot of boxes but also leaves you wanting a little bit sometimes at the tele end and other times at the wide end.

Now im at the point were i fancy another ILC initially looked again at Fuji but decided that i would probably end up frustrated at the lack of lens options again.. then i had a look at MFT and that is a potential maybe but i started having a look around and stumbled across these EOS M range of Canon cameras - i really like what im seeing from them, the images look very clean and pop with nice colour and there is obviously a vast array of lenses from Canon that can be used with an official adapter but also the EOS M range of lenses from both canon and then third party options LAOWA/SIGMA etc.

I really enjoy a wide prime lens, i love that look a wide angle lens gives you, the whole pushing the backround away and a slight distortion on your subject if its close enough - just a personal prefence, but having looked at the official EOS M wide angle 11-22mm am i missing something? it doesnt appear to give that wide angle "look" im after unless some of you people can post some pics showing it infact can/does, would the 10-18 or the Laowa 9mm be a better option?I absolutely love what iv seen from the EOS-M 22mm pancake, i think that is a hidden gem!!!!

Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow