Canon R6 - Warblers arrive!

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mike Arledge Senior Member • Posts: 2,092
Canon R6 - Warblers arrive!

THIS is why I upgraded to the R6. My birding skills were now good enough to be in the field and just need a camera where the AF works. My God does the R6 make all the struggles I had before with other systems seem so stark. Between the amazing eye AF, the clean files at higher ISO from the sensor, to the amazing catalogue of lens options from both Canon and third-party makers; this is just so much better and easier than any other AF and telephoto lens system for this kind of shooting.

Warbles are no joke to get good photos of, and I had my best day ever yesterday, and honestly, made some other photographers on location yesterday - who have more years of experience them myself - cursing their nice equipment and ready to go all in on Canon R%/R6.

I am not saying I am pro-level or anything yet, but Canon is sure making my skills in the field look even better behind the lens. I am so pleased I made the move to this system! All are RAWS developed to taste.

For many of these my workflow was Lightroom with enhance details, then topaz all clear for some of the higher ISO images. But honestly, nothing that major needed to be done in post.

Hope everyone enjoys the variety of settings and conditions that were shot in. I can't wait for the weather to clear to get back out this week for more before the migration ends.

Mike Arledge's gear list:Mike Arledge's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax KP Canon EOS R6 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +4 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow