Why is Sony So Stubborn re: Customizing the Dial Functions?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
537dl Junior Member • Posts: 44
Why is Sony So Stubborn re: Customizing the Dial Functions?

I only use adapted lenses on my Sony A7. These old lenses are a big part of what makes photography interesting to me.

I use the rear dial to set shutter speed. Awesome. So easy. Perfect.

But ISO is such a miserable experience. I don't understand why Sony refuses to allow you to move ISO off that annoying rear wheel. Often when I'm wandering around, I accidentally select something else when I'm trying to change ISO. It's a pain in the neck.

I want to assign ISO to one of the dials I don't use. It's especially frustrating that the unlabeled front dial is so useless.

Why is Sony so stubborn about stuff like this? These dials are just digital controls. It's not like there's a gear connecting them to something. Change whatever you have to in the control and the code to allow users to customize their functions.

And, while we're at it, why does the WiFi transfer speed remind me of a 2400 baud modem? Really?

Argh.

Have these issues been addressed on any of the newer A7 models? Does anybody have a good workaround for ISO on the rear wheel? Disabling all the other wheel functions is something I've considered but I'm not sure it can be done.

537dl's gear list:537dl's gear list
Sony a7R III
Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow