Sony A7C question before possible buy

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
William Curtindale
William Curtindale Veteran Member • Posts: 9,237
Re: Sony A7C question before possible buy

I have owned my A7C for four months and love it. I purchased my A7C with the FE 28-60mm kit lens (highly recommended - it is sharp). My two favorite features are "My Menu" and "Eye-AF with Tracking". Initially I had difficulty with the EVF but then added an after market eyecup "KE-A7C" (which I modified to fit my left eye and face). I have lost  vision in my RH eye and difficulty with my LH eye but the EVF is working fine for me now.

Honestly, with all the comments about the shutter, I don't fully understand. Although, for me the camera performs great even for flash fill. I programed features I wanted quick access to "My Menu". I also programed features to other buttons and use the Fn key for quick changes. I use the Rear Control wheel for Aperture and the back Center Dial for Shutter (prefer not to have a front wheel).

I love the form factor (range finder style), size and weight.

Below are some sample images I have shot with my A7C (various lenses):

The next three images shot with the cheap FE 50mm f/1.8 ($198 new at B&H):

Below two images shot in "APS-C Crop Mode w/APS-C lens":

Next three images shot with A-Mount 70-400mm SSM G + LA-EA3 adapter:

For BIF I use Drive Hi, AF-C, Tracking Flexible Spot-L, Animal Eye-AF

Below is image of my modified KIWI KE-A7C eyecup:

-- hide signature --

I enjoy content, simplicity and light weight: A6500 and A7C w/Sony + Zeiss + G Glass

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7C Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow