ZS19 taking overexposed stills

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
justinmiller76 New Member • Posts: 2
ZS19 taking overexposed stills

Hi all, I have a nice old ZS19 which has done me well for years. However lately it has started having an issue where if I take still photos in daylight, they come out extremely overexposed. They look fine through the viewfinder, and videos work fine, and even still photos with lower light intensity than daylight all work okay.

This happens in automatic as well as the 'program' modes, and the values that the camera reports on playback all look fine for ISO, shutter, aperture. I'm no EXIF expert, is there something that I can check there?

I tried resetting everything that I could from the menus, no effect. I also updated to the latest firmware. I called Panasonic and they suggested the same menu-based resets, and after that they want me to send it in for repair, which I'm sure is not worth the cost.

At this point I'm not sure what to do, unless there is some 'power user' menu where I can do a harder reset on the software or firmware? Am I out of luck?

Thanks in advance!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow