Which Tilt Shift lens to try first on Nikon?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AdamoD New Member • Posts: 22
Which Tilt Shift lens to try first on Nikon?

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice from Nikon shooters with experience using tilt shift lenses. I'm trying to determine which one would be a good lens to start learning on/from.

I use a D810 now. I really enjoy using wide angle lenses, but, as I have learned with large format photography, wide lenses are pretty challenging to keep things "de-clutterered". Is there a lens that's easier to use? Is there a lens that has some idiosyncrasies that make it more challenging?

I was leaning towards the 45mm because it's a similar focal length to a 150mm on large format (4x5). I find that to be a very usable field of view. I also have a 90mm large format lens, and while I love the wide view, it's tricky to get great compositions in a busy desert landscape. The 90mm and 24mm Nikon PC-E are also close in field of view, so I'd expect the same here....

Anyway, just wanted to see if there are any words of wisdom out there on this topic.

Thx!!

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow