Help with which calibration to use on PA278QV monitor?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Flycaster
Flycaster Senior Member • Posts: 1,688
Help with which calibration to use on PA278QV monitor?

I've calibrated my new monitor (PA278QV) using X-Rite's i1 Display Studio software with its i1 Display Studio colorimeter; and also used the colorimeter for calibrating with the DisplayCal Loader.  And, then of course, there was the OTB calibration by Asus...which was supposed to be very accurate for sRGB.  So, here I am looking at several different calibrations of the same monitor and the question of which to use.  Naively, I chose to change from one icm to the next while looking at the same colorful image.  As far as I can tell, the colors remained just about the same throughout the range of calibrations, but brightness did change a little here and a little there.

Most notably when comparing the calibrations was that the Asus factory calibration was the lightest, while all other calibrations were somewhat darker and more similar to each other than they were to the factory calibration in terms of luminance. This observation leads me to believe that I just might be best off in choosing the DisplayCal's calibration as it gives me an average delta E of 0.13 (OTB delta was Calman verified at 0.44) and being a little less bright than OTB is OK with me.

Would appreciate comments/tips on making a decision when considering the givens above. Thanks.

Flycaster's gear list:Flycaster's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Olympus Tough TG-2 Panasonic FZ1000
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow