Sony A7C question before possible buy

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
geekoo Regular Member • Posts: 170
Sony A7C question before possible buy

hello!
I am currently looking for a photo camera. I am a street shooter / Portrait / candid and I also do a little of architecture. I am at the moment shooting with an Q-P. I have shot before on Canon and Fuji (X100F, Xt30) and I also had a cropped sensor the Leica Cl.

So the idea is depending on the total budget either add a new camera to my Q-P with a different field of view or sell my Q-P to buy some gear. I do hesitate between several cameras: The Fuji X-S10, the GFX-50R, the Canon eos M6 Mark II and the Sony A7C. I have never shot on Sony before. I am a manual shooter mainly, I have seen a few youtube videos to set up the camera and make it confortable to shoot. Before making my definitive choice and perhaps buying the 7AC (as I love what I have seen so far) I have a few questions:

• I wear glasses, and the EVF seems little. Does I Eye Cup Helps a little? I have seen a few recommendations.
  • How is the rotative screen in quality, I am not looking for the most high end screen but something confortable, with a good colour restitution and also usable outside.
  • I will use this camera 90% for photography. I hesitated with the A7III but I prfere the form factor of this one and the extra options, upgrades etc. How does it perform in photography. I am not a professional photographer, but I have sometimes a few jobs, I do print also sometimes, not in huge formats but around max 70-80cm. I am really looking for a good camera coupled with one or two good lenses (see beneath).
  • What is your overall experience with tis camera?
  • I am looking for one or two primes, quite fast, with either character and also good to very good IQ. One thing for certain, I do not want huge or heavy lenses. The lenses could be manual or autofocus lenses. I am looking probably for lenses around 35mm - 40mm - 50mm -60mm max. But I would start with one or two, and to be honest I don't really want more. The price tag could be for a lens around 1000€. I saw some people talking even of Leica lenses on the sony E-mount body.
    What lenses would you suggest?
    It's perhaps a strange decision, to perhaps sell my Q-P camera that I quite like. But I miss a few things really. I love the object, the lense is really great. The iQ is really good also but everything is not perfect (it will not be of course with the A7C ).
    Voilà and merci from Brussels
    Take care!
 geekoo's gear list:geekoo's gear list
Sony a7C Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 35mm F1.8
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow