Next New Lens choice or not?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SlightlyMadMalc New Member • Posts: 8
Next New Lens choice or not?

Hello everyone, this is my third forum post, so as a newbie, I hope it's understandable.

I'm transitioning from Canon APS-C to Olympus OM-D. I got hooked by an EM10 mk3 bundle with the 14-42 EZ lens and 40-150 R lens kit, it's the perfect holidays camera, but much more besides.

I was so impressed by that kit that I've sold my Canon 7D mk2 and bought an EM1 mk2 with a 12-40 f2.8 pro lens (both second hand). With the proceeds of the trading in of the rest of my Canon kit, I've already ordered the Olympus 100-400 lens and have sufficient monies over to get another Pro Lens.

So now I'm left with a question requiring some direction.

Which would be the best route, the 40-150 f2.8 Pro Lens, or the 12-100 f4 Pro lens (and trade in the 12-40 Pro lens?), or do I stick with the 40-150 R kit lens to bridge the 40mm to 100mm gap between my existing Pro lens and the 100-400 lens, and spend the money on something else?

I don't take indoor or portrait photogaphs, but do enjoy, wild life, landscapes and close up flower photography.

Your thoughts would be welcomed.

Malcolm

SlightlyMadMalc's gear list:SlightlyMadMalc's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro
Canon EOS 7D Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow