Topaz Denoise colour shift

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Merlin5 Senior Member • Posts: 1,324
Topaz Denoise colour shift

Hi guys. I've edited a raw file long exposure night shot from Lightroom straight into Topaz Denoise. I just want to clean up mild noise in the sky. Here's the problem. Denoise AI cleans up the noise in the sky perfectly but it dulls or changes some of the colours. I've noticed on the Topaz forums others having similar issues but there's no clear solution that I could see. And I can't seem to fix the colours in the HSL/Colour panel after exiting Topaz.

When I tried the AI clear and Low Light options in Topaz, nothing changes with the colours, it's fine. But neither of those remove noise in the sky as well as Denoise AI. Seems odd to me that the Low Light option wouldn't remove as much or even more noise than the standard Denoise AI. So I want to use the Denoise AI option but does anyone know a way to fix the colour changing? For the time being I decided not to use Topaz and have used the lightroom gradient filter on the sky twice over and that's done a decent enough job of cleaning up the noise, but not quite as good as Topaz can do.

By the way, if it's of any help, when the edit options box comes up just before loading Topaz, this is what it's set to:

File Format TIFF

Color Space PRoPhoto RGB

Bit Depth 16 bits

Resolution 300

Compression None

Here is a crop of a small area where it's mostly noticeable. Look at the colour in the windows on the far right building and the ten orangey glows lining the bottom of the brighter building.

Before Topaz

After Topaz Denoise AI.

Merlin5's gear list:Merlin5's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony a6600 Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow