Upgrade from RX100 to Sony ZV1?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DannH Contributing Member • Posts: 526
Upgrade from RX100 to Sony ZV1?

Hi,

I currently own the original RX100 and was considering upgrading to the Sony ZV-1, but was after a few opinions from people who have used both camera's and also if there are any better options out there in a pocket size camera?

- My main purpose will be for capturing photo's and video's of the kids. 80% stills and 20% video.

- I plan on shooting in jpeg so want something that looks good straight out of the camera.

- From what I can tell the ZV-1 has the same image quality as the RX100 for stills but has a significant improvement in video quality? Are there any pocket sized camera's that are currently producing better IQ than the ZV-1/RX range? Apart from new features will the ZV-1 offer any improvements to image quality over the original RX100?

- How does the camera cope with low light situations (ISO 100-1600). I found the IQ of the RX100 started to degrade after around ISO 400.

Thanks

Sony RX100 Sony ZV-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow