Birding config on an a6300

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sanosai Regular Member • Posts: 243
Birding config on an a6300

Just received my first ultra-tele (200-600 G), which went straight on my a6300. Not only for that extra reach, but because my 90mm Macro stays on my A7RIII. Apparently, and despite my previous worries on that end, I ve come to prefer the benefits of FF over APS-C for my macro work.

So now, being new to birding and longer reach wildlife in general, I would like to setup my a6300 in order to make the most of my 200-600 G for wildlife shooting. One downside of using my a6300 is that I won't be having the animal Eye-AF feature (of my A7RIII), which I hear it really helps. But does that mean I m totally doomed when trying to shoot moving subjects (e.g. birds in flight)?

What settings do you recommend on my a6300? Drive mode, AF type, focusing mode etc? Of course, each has their on prefs on setting up the camera for a given task, but there should still be some widely-approved settings I should be using..

sanosai's gear list:sanosai's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a7R III Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +3 more
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow