New Lumix prime lens coming very soon?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
C Sean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,015
New Lumix prime lens coming very soon?

In the latest Sulantoblog's video, he talked about stepping down as a Lumix ambassador but mentioned he currently reviewing a new lens on his GX9.

You can see briefly what the new lens is at 1.50 minute mark. There isn't a lot to go on and I don't know if the lens currently have a hood. However, it does appear to be thinner and shorter than the PL25mm 1.4 (include the big lens hood)

What I had noticed, the barrel is long enough to hold onto when picking up the camera with one hand and the front of the lens is also big enough to comfortably grip when holding it palm facing the front element. Definitely bigger than the 42.5mm 1.7 and the 15mm 1.7 but it hood maybe big and solid.

I think it could be a 17mm 1.4 because Panasonic will be working on the 35mm 1.8 for their S cameras. Sadly I won't be the lens since I already have the 20mm 17 and the 15mm 1.7. Since I own the Z6 I probably buy the 35mm 1.8 for that format one day.

Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow