I have six Questions about D3100 Lens picks and Tutorials?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cameracurious74
Cameracurious74 New Member • Posts: 6
I have six Questions about D3100 Lens picks and Tutorials?

I have six questions.

Knowledge level beginner.

History:

Bought to photographer my daughters fastpitch games and it did the job from MS to College. I have not used my Nikon D3100 camera in years (At least 5). It has been sitting in the camera bag. The last one to use it was my son in HS for a school project.

I am dusting this camera off for vacation. have been to National Parks and have missed some great pics because I didn't take this camera. So I am getting it ready for my next trip in September- South Dakota. This is my 3rd trip to the Black Hills and I have learned my phone camera doesn't get the long zooms I sometimes need. I will be in the Badlands and Black Hills.

Lens I already own:

Nikon DX AF-S NIKKOR 18-55 lens

Sigma DG 70-300mm1:4-5.6

QUESTIONS:

1. My Nikon DX AF-S NIKKOR 18-55 lens does not have EITHER cover on it. UGH!! How worried should I be.

a. How do I replace the covers?

b. How do I check for damage?

2. How long are batteries good for?

3. What is the best zoom lens for wildlife? (I will be taking pictures from the road. (buffalo/bears/rams/antelope/dear...). I was considering Nikon 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G.

4. Best lens for scenery (waterfalls, cascades, flowers)

Again, I really know nothing but the very basics. Any great links to youtube instructional videos would be helpful and appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow