Fringer EF-FX vs Metabones Speedbooster EF-FX (with Sigma 150-600)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 20,362
Re: Fringer EF-FX vs Metabones Speedbooster EF-FX (with Sigma 150-600)

xaprb wrote:

Thanks for your message Morris0. This brings up another point: I examined the differences between the Pro and non-Pro version of the Fringer and concluded it’s just the materials used in the build and the presence of an aperture ring, so I got the non-Pro. Am I mistaken about the differences?

Of course I am most suspicious that the reduced performance is something I am doing and not the equipment, but I haven’t had any lens focus so badly on my Fuji!

Another thing I started to notice in post-processing, the colors are very different with this lens. I warmed up the white balance in the rabbit photo, but its coat was almost purple straight out of camera. I wonder if that’s another clue.

The color is not natural. Possibly the glass in the speed booster is changing he color. Also very green backgrounds are known to throw off Fuji Auto White Balance.

You will find very good AF with the Fringer adapter. The only difference I'm aware of between the two Fringer adapters models is the aperture ring. If you plan to photograph moving subjects, try out my AF settings:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1594539/0

Have fun!

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow