*** Your R System Images - May ***

Started May 1, 2021 | Discussions thread
Larawanista
Larawanista Veteran Member • Posts: 4,736
Re: Back to the Penthouse

LeftAndRight wrote:

I came to this thread curious about this lens as well. Some people commented that the AF is slow. Can you comment on this? I am planning to buy this to use on my R.

100-400 old version, how do you see this optically esp as compared to sigma 100-400 alternative. The canon 100-400V2 is almost double the price.

I have the EF100-400L v1 too. Though it's a dated lens, it still performs well and focuses fast on my R6. I just used the Tamron 35-150 on my R6 for an hour, shooting flowers and trees in the garden. There was only a couple of instances it struggled, and it's because I was trying to use it like a macro lens and therefore it faltered as I was too close to the object. Other than that, the focusing is fantastic - fast and accurate, no matter where I point the joystick to. It's also considerably lighted than the 100-400mm that I decided to leave home.

I first discovered how great the Tamron 35-150mm was on my EOS R. On the R6 it feels even snappier to use for obvious reasons.

-- hide signature --

"Photography is therapeutic."
https://500px.com/joshcruzphotos

Larawanista's gear list:Larawanista's gear list
Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS R Canon EOS RP Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Zxx
Zxx
AC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow