GFX 100 in the Pouring Rain in Sam Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Greg7579
Greg7579 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,195
GFX 100 in the Pouring Rain in Sam Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Teresa and I have been in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico for the past 12 days and I have been shooting a lot w the Q2 and GFX 100 with the 23, 30, 45, 50, 45-100 and 100-200.  This UNESCO town is beautiful and I never get tired of shooting in it.  We leave tomorrow.

They are in a drought here and two days ago the skies opened up and they had an absolutely total and badly needed downpour for about 20 minutes.  I had the 100 around my neck with the 30 mounted.  The 45-100 was in the canvas Domke bag.  Everything got drenched.  I was sopping wet and the camera was like being in a shower.  The cloud-cover was total and it was stormy dark, so no dramatic storm skies.

I shot these shots in the pouring rain.  I was drenched.  The camera was drenched.  It is amazing to me that you can't really tell it is pouring from these shots.  It was very dark....  The lens face was wet too.  The great thing is that the streets emptied so for once I didn't have cars and crowds of people in my scene.  I was on a monopod with the 30mm.

The camera seems fine.  It got really wet.  How waterproof is it?  That's the first time I have really got it wet in the hard rain.

I was able to post these from a bar with fast internet.  I'm still working on post processing for hundreds of shots and will post in the next few days from Puerto Vallarta where we will be at a modern resort with good internet.

-- hide signature --
 Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Leica Q2 Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm GFX 100 Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm 120mm F4 Macro +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow