Best Fashion/Portrait Camera? (Sony A7Riii vs Nikon D850 vs Canon 5D Mark IV)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
grace6324 New Member • Posts: 1
Best Fashion/Portrait Camera? (Sony A7Riii vs Nikon D850 vs Canon 5D Mark IV)

I am recently in the market to upgrade my camera. I am a fashion and portrait photographer ready to upgrade to a professional system.

I have browsed the internet for days trying to find what bests suits my line of work and often find myself battling between the Sony A7R range, Nikon D850 and Canon 5D Mark IV. However, not many reviews account for fashion photography and I try (yet fail) not to get swept up in internet hype which tend to lean to Sony. However, I wonder how they perform in studio settings? As I've read they have difficulties with compatibility with Profoto, Capture One and even tethering.

Occasionally, I shoot video too but mostly stills. I have been using a mirrorless system until now and was convinced I'd get a DSLR but now I'm not so sure - the mirrorless systems seem to be on par now. Making a full switch is no problem to me as I have sold almost all of my current gear. I am very lost but understand no system is perfect.

What would you recommend?

I am happy with an 'older' model, I don't need the latest body as I'm more inclined to spend more on nice glass. I have a computer with a lot of RAM so processing is not a problem to me.

Thank you.

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Nikon D850 Sony a7R Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow