Cooler or warmer?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Merlin5 Senior Member • Posts: 1,531
Re: Cooler or warmer?

Joachim B wrote:

Merlin5 wrote:

So wait, I've chosen the wrong photo then? Everyone here prefers warmer and I took that to mean my middle photo labelled 5333. But since I've misunderstood that warmer is below 5000, then they must have meant the first photo? Although I must say, I think my middle image looks closer to Joachim's edit than my first one.

The middle one is definitively more yellow, could it be that you've switched the color temperatures by accident while posting this?

Well the middle one is 5333 and the first one is more bluey at 4550, the rest of the LR settings are identical for each version. I'm a bit confused though. I pushed the slider to the right from 4550 to 5333 and it made it more yellow. To my mind, the 4550 is so blue I'd have said it's cooler, and the 5333 is warmer. So I'm not understanding how under 5000 is regarded as warmer?

Thanks for the advice on the split toning desaturation, I'll do that too. I must admit I've hardly ever used split tone so this will be a good time to get more familiar with it.

Merlin5's gear list:Merlin5's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony a6600 Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow