Suggestions needed...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
d_chiesa Regular Member • Posts: 401
Suggestions needed...

Hi,

i have been searching the forum for a while, but i need some specific suggestions.

I have been using an Epson Pro 3800 for years and was happy with it, until the magenta clogged the head a bit and started to use more and more ink to try to clean it. Cost went up from an already high level and enjoyment went down, to the point of actual hate.

When the head finally broke, it was too expensive to fix so that was the end of it's life and a relief.

Since then, i have been sending the important prints to a good lab that uses Epson large format with pigment inks; the less important prints are no more.

I do have to have prints made with pigment ink (they are for certificates for my products), yet i did enjoy printing a lot of my photos too on the Pro 3800; but i finally developed a huge aversion to it due to the declining reliability and growing cost.

For the last part, i really can't force myself to buy one of the current A3+ Epson offerings with pigment inks. At the same time, the prints for the certificates are only 5"x7".

What would YOU do?

Thanks for the suggestions, best,

D.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow