My first non-Canon camera in 15 years

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hurricanehank New Member • Posts: 3
My first non-Canon camera in 15 years

This is my first camera other than from Canon eco system. 
I purchased X-S10 as my second camera in addition to my trusted Canon 5Dmk3 that I couldn't sell because it is still my fav camera for reportage photography (and World Press Photo 2021 results say the same). 
At first I had a plan to sell Canon and get Fuji X-T4 with Fringer adaptor to connect my Canon 24-70 f/2.8L & Canon 70-200 f/2.8L lenses, but after reading the reviews I decided to purchase Viltrox EF-FX2 speedbooster that gives me additonal +1 stop of light and saves the focal range and try it with X-T4 & X-S10.
Long story short: Canon remains as my primary reportage cam, Fuji X-S10 with Viltrox works great as B-cam for portraits, food photography and video clips that it was meant for when I decided to get a camera with 4K & 240fps video.
I rate this cam 4,5 \ 5 only because it has some room for improvements in terms of durability and ergonomics. In terms of noise and features it beats Canon 5D mark III hands down. The nearly decade of technical progress is clearly seen here. The PASM controls look better than traditional X-T4 for me as a Canon user. 
Give this little camera a try, it's definitely worth it

hurricanehank's gear list:hurricanehank's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Fujifilm X-S10 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
Fujifilm X-S10
26 megapixels • 3 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Oct 15, 2020
hurricanehank's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
unrated
Studio / still life
great
= community average
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-S10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow