Which Canon powershot is the best choice to bring travelling to Europe?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
solsang
solsang Senior Member • Posts: 1,260
Re: Which Canon powershot is the best choice to bring travelling to Europe?

alanmushnick wrote:

I have a Canon g7xmk2 that is an excellent travel camera. It fits in a small shoulder bag I use for other incidentals. It starts up quickly, Battery goes a long time. But good to have an extra charging or charged in your bag just in case.

Didn't miss the viewfinder at all. It's small, discreet.

the abiiity to shoot with viewfinder at waist or chest level, makes it a more discreet camera than a big SLR in front of your face. it gets shots that would otherwise be obnoxious with a big camera.

1 inch sensor does a great job. Auto functions are almost perfect. I can bracket quickly if I need to, or correct for backlighting. And the zoom has decent reach.

Glad to hear that, i just got a couple of display screws from China and going to repair my G7X2 using a bit of glue on the screws as advised on youtube guides, those loose screws seem to be a common problem with this exact model and easily solved if glued before they get lost

solsang's gear list:solsang's gear list
Fujifilm XQ2 Fujifilm X70 Canon G7 X II Fujifilm X-T1 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
kli
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow