Lensbaby mount swap?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
neilt3
neilt3 Senior Member • Posts: 1,998
Re: Lensbaby mount swap?

Andy1712 wrote:

Thank You.

Regarding the Composer; The sweet 50 seems the only recommended lens, tell the truth I have enough 50's and at 100 with m 4/3 I don't feel the need for another. Are you aware of wider lenses that are great with the Composer?

You might be missing the point of Lensbaby lenses if your comparing them to standard 50mm / 100mm lenses .

It's their "faults" that give them their character that their used for and the ability to move the focus point around .

I bought one of the original lensbabies when they came out then upgraded to the Composer when they came out and have about six of the optics to go in it , including the zone and pinhole set .

I use them on 35mm film and full frame sensors , I'm not sure how much of the image cropped out on m4/3 would effect the image .

As most of the image your using these lenses for is out of the sweet spot , I suspect most of this would be lost on your camera .

You would certainly need to look at samples taken on m4/3 compared to 35mm to see if any would be worth your while buying.

Maybe that's why your thinking only the 50mm is recommended on your camera ?

neilt3's gear list:neilt3's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Minolta DiMAGE 7Hi Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200 +43 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow