Spot focus/ metering issues on A6100

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lavenderlemon New Member • Posts: 17
Spot focus/ metering issues on A6100

Sorry to be posting another thread but I’m hopeful I just about have the hang of my new a6100. 
2 issues though:

1) When I’m looking through the EVF I wish there was a way I could move the focus point with the toggle in multi focus area mode! Its rather annoying to have to pull my face back and use the touch screen to pick focus- what’s the point of the evf at all then?

I tried switching to spot focus and setting my middle dial button as focus standard/ focus mode and this does allow me to move the focus point with the buttons but only if I’m in spot mode! I can move the focus point using the touch display in multi and spot, but can only use the buttons to move a spot af point. Why?? Something I’m doing wrong? 
It’s my understanding most users rely on multi mode so why make it less customizable?

2) I cannot see any way to link spot metering with a spot af point so that they move together. I’ve seen instructions (for other Sony cameras?) that say in menu 1 there should be a spot meter linking option but I swear I can see no such option. It seems impossible to move the meter spot from out of the center (why not just use center metering then??).

These are some of my frustrations with the camera currently. Hoping there’s a fix!

lavenderlemon's gear list:lavenderlemon's gear list
Sony a6100
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix A610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow