What's your favourite adapted lens mount?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Goethe
Goethe Senior Member • Posts: 1,492
Re: What's your favourite adapted lens mount?

Lightshow wrote:

FD chrome nose and SSC all have the ability to push the aperture lever to the end and it's held by a detent, this enables the aperture ring the moment the lens is mounted, it eliminates the open/close/lock ring on the adapter, this greatly simplifies the process. nFD does not feature this detent lock.

Thats interesting, I had no idea this was a thing. Thanks for sharing.

Since you mentioned Konicas I have a couple of questions. I generally really, really like what I see form other peoples images taken with Hexanon AR lenses. My luck with them, with the very few lenses I have had by them, has been a bit hit or miss. But it seems your general impression is that they are well made lenses?

Also, one of the things I notice with them (that drives me a bit crazy) is how 'clacky' their aperture rings are. And also the very small distance for engagement travel between values. They seem to require a lot of effort to push originally, but then the force needed to get it out of the aperture its in makes you overshoot then next aperture value. Does that make sense? Has this been you experience with them if you have a large selection of them? Curious to hear your overall take on them.

-- hide signature --

http://www.photolumiere.net/
Goethe, this is a notification that you have been temporarily banned from dpreview, details of the reason are as follows: Excessive use of glitter.
-
Lighting trolls on fire inevitably leads to burning bridges. I'm ok with that.
-
Phil A Martin wrote: I am right and you know it.
(Narrator: "He wasn't...")

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow