Cliché pictures in magazines

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
OP Redhenry Regular Member • Posts: 172
Re: Cliché

If I may extend your analogy a little, I think that producing photograph which has already become a clichéd image is more akin to playing someone a recording of a song rather than playing the song oneself. It's difficult to come up with new and interesting landscape pictures but I think it's important to try to make one's pictures a little different from the clichés and magazine editors who simply reproduce almost identical images several times a year are unimaginative and lazy. There is one magazine in particular to which I always draw my wife's attention and we wait to see how long it is before a wide-angle picture of Dunstanburgh Castle appears, with the sea looking misty and the wet boulders sharp in the foreground. As I pointed out in an earlier post, if you look for 'Dunstanburgh Castle landscape' on Google images, you will see many almost identical pictures. Carefully reproducing another example of those is not what photography should be about, in my opinion.

Redhenry's gear list:Redhenry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Sony RX100 II Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow