Shooting Raw

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Elliern Senior Member • Posts: 1,540
Shooting Raw

I know some of the people here shoot in raw and am considering taking a few shots and just playing with them. I am surrounded by ducks so thought I would start with them. Many years ago, I did use raw very briefly, but saw no real benefit other than it could save some not so good images. I always preferred to shoot in manual jpeg mode. I have Lightroom app on my phone and iPad so can use that. I absolutely do not like to spend a lot of time ‘working’ on my images. But, if I can learn how to make changes quickly to improve an image, I will give it a try.
So looking for advice on what camera settings might be necessary and differ from what I am currently using. Guess I am just a little bored today. It’s cloudy and not the greatest day to be shooting with the P950. (At this very moment, I am hearing a birdsong that I am not familiar with, but could be a mockingbird just making up its own melody.)

Thanks for all advice and suggestions.  
PS:  I have great photographer friends who would never consider shooting in anything but raw, but they also totally enjoy working with those images for a few hours just to see how they can change them up to something totally different than what they saw.  That is definitely not me!

-- hide signature --

Ellie
Enjoy the Moments!
“What day is it?” asked Pooh.
“It’s today,” squeaked Piglet.
“My favorite day,” said Pooh.
A.A. Milne

Elliern's gear list:Elliern's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P610 Nikon D5100 Sony a6000 Nikon D5500
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow