Sony video picture profiles question

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Novelectro Regular Member • Posts: 176
Sony video picture profiles question

Hi All,

I'm a professional photographer and have some video experience, mostly in the past and not as much recently.

Anyway, I'm shooting a wedding soon (photos) and I agreed to edit the videographers video and am getting paid to edit that as well.  I'm comfortable with editing but I'm not sure which picture profile I'm comfortable with him shooting.  I don't want to give myself a panic attack with trying to get the footage to look normal if he shoots in s log 3 or something, but I'm also not sure if I want him to not even shoot in s log either, if that's just going to look crappy.

So the color/whites/blacks/contrast stuff is what has me a little nervous at the moment.  I will say that this is a very easy couple and I know they wont be upset if the color doesn't look incredible or something, but I also want it to look good.

I should mention that I'm good with editing color and contrast in still photos, so it's not like I dont understand all the concepts, I just havent applied it to video.

Hoping someone here might be able to offer some advice.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow