Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
BirdShooter7 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,024
Re: Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

sportyaccordy wrote:

I didn't "play with the statistics", I just reported them and my analysis of them. Agree or disagree but don't accuse me of lying or manipulating without proof.

I agree that for pixel density focused disciplines a high MP crop sensor is best, and the use case for that is broader than I let on. Like I said, I think an R7 is inevitable and there is demand for it. What I question is whether there is ample demand for a whole RF-S system. All the use cases you mention can be met with existing EF/RF glass. Someone hoping for a general purpose RF kit beyond a cheap kit zoom is probably going to be extremely disappointed.

The lack of mirror in mirrorless cameras means that there is zero need for an RF-s system.  The whole reason for the EF-s mount was that the mirror in EF mount cameras would physically hit the back of the EF-s lens.  With no mirror that isn’t a problem.  All Canon would need to do is simply design one or two RF crop sensor lenses for crop kit lenses and since the flange distance in RF is already short they can be nice and small.

-- hide signature --

Some of my bird photos can be viewed here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregsbirds/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow