Cliché pictures in magazines

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Redhenry Regular Member • Posts: 172
Cliché pictures in magazines

Membership of my local library in England allows me online  access to lots of magazines. I read three or four photographic titles each month and have been doing so for a couple of years. While this is interesting and informative, I am surprised that the editors of some mags publish the same type of images over and over. In any feature on landscape photography in a UK magazine, you can guarantee that there will be pictures of:

1. A stream flowing through woodland, taken with a long exposure to contrast the misty water with the crisp leaves and ferns on the woodland floor.

2. One of the castles on the coast of Northumberland, (England), taken with a long exposure so that the misty sea contrasts with the crisp outline of the castle.

3. A lake at dawn with the mist on the water contrasting with the crisp outline of a boathouse or jetty.

Does this apply to magazines in other countries? I'd be interested fo know!

Redhenry's gear list:Redhenry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Sony RX100 II Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow