Lensbaby mount swap?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP petrochemist Veteran Member • Posts: 3,054
Re: Lensbaby mount swap?

Andy1712 wrote:

Would you recommend getting the higher end lens baby stuff right off the bat?

Plus when you press a soldering iron to blue locktite, does the locktite change in any way to know when it has softened enough?

I have a lens element which has quite a bit of blue around its threads, so I do not want to over heat.

I'd definitely recommend the composer over the muse design, with the muse you can't hold focus & tilt tends to be more luck than anything else. I can't say for the optics themselves as only have three none being recent releases.

The threadlock on my threads wasn't visible while the screws were in place so I don't know if any visual changes took place. It's the only time I've used this technique so my experience is very limited, but a second or two seemed to be enough with the soldering iron I used.

trial & error should show you how much is needed - give it a second & see if the screws move reasonably, a touch more heat if they don't...

If the screws go into plastic heat might cause issues otherwise I don't think there'd be any problems if working with reasonable care.

petrochemist's gear list:petrochemist's gear list
Pentax K100D Sigma SD14 Pentax K-7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow