Complementing my Oly EM1 MK III with a Canon R6. Good idea or not?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gonetropo
gonetropo Regular Member • Posts: 144
Complementing my Oly EM1 MK III with a Canon R6. Good idea or not?

I have maintained both a pretty extensive Olympus M4/3 kit and an older Canon 5D MK II based EF L lens kit for a long time.  I really like both formats, but my trusty Canon 5D MK II is getting a bit long in the tooth technology wise.  I am considering updating the Canon kit by adding a Canon R6 and Rf 24-105 f4 zoom, and eventually EF to RF adapters to utilise the EF lenses I already have.

In the meantime,  I am also thinking, however, that a good two camera combination format, compact,  and general purpose, walk around bag could consist of the Canon R6/24-105 f4, together with my OMD E-M1 Mark III with my Olympus 7-14 f 2.8 and Olympus 40-150 f 2.8 (with its 1.4x extender).

Does anyone  have experience shooting regularly with a mixed format kit?   Do you find that the body and lens combinations complement each other for better versatility, or just complicate things?

Thank you for sharing your experiences and advice.

-- hide signature --

best,
gonetropo
personal photos - https://www.instagram.com/duffhughes/

gonetropo's gear list:gonetropo's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN-F +1 more
Canon EOS R6 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow