A7 II no camera sensor output on LCD?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP jcun4128 New Member • Posts: 22
Re: A7 II no camera sensor output on LCD?

The other side is a little different, it's upside down and wider.

Yeah this display is tricky because of the bending, really need to try avoiding applying any "pulling" particularly at the base/near the camera.

I don't know if yours has the little plate that secures the ribbon against that channel. May have already dealt with that if you took off the plate that covers the connector.

If you had like one of those plastic tweezers that could help. But yeah once you lift it up, it'll have some resistance but it should just "pull out" make sure to do it flat/parallel to how it's mounted.

Do you have an entire assembly or just the digital part.

I would I'd advise suggest you to look at these sites (iFixit A7R , lensrental A72 ) for their images if you're not 100% with taking it apart yet. It is advisable to have a plan like in my case lol.

Anyway it is hard to take it out just because of the angle... it's easier when it's disassembled because you have the right grasp on the cable end.

I messed mine up because I put the metal clips on in the wrong order, the connector one goes on first and then the channel cover goes on second so the connector can bend over the curve of the cover.

Yeah mine's not bricked thankfully haha, took some nice shots of my cat

jcun4128's gear list:jcun4128's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a7 II Sony a7R III Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow