Backyard Birds, Again

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RichDitch
RichDitch Contributing Member • Posts: 886
Backyard Birds, Again

I haven't posted any photos lately, so decided to share a few taken yesterday in our back yard. The recirculating water feature that is on the edge of my wife's uncontrolled "garden" is a magnet for the birds, especially now that we are at 100 degrees. At the right time of day I get some decent light and can s hoot from inside the house through the glass patio door.

I decided that my wonderful CX 70-300 is a bit too short for the smaller birds seen here, so I went with my FX 300/4D AF-S lens with a TC14E mounted on a V2 via the FT1. I could have used my FX 200-500 f/5.6 to get 420/5.6, but the 300 with 1.4x is a lot easier to work with.

My other recent change is incorporating DxO PhotoLab into my work flow to be able to use Deep Prime. I open the raw NEF in PhotoLab and apply Deep Prime, then export the result as a DNG file that I can then open in Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop for all other adjustments. That is working nicely for me.

A young House Finch

House Finch after a quick bath

Lesser Goldfinch on approach to water feature

Lesser Goldfinch enjoying the water

-- hide signature --

You can see a lot just by looking.
WSSA #449

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 (Lumix DMC-FT1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow