What's your favourite adapted lens mount?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
MOD Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 42,730
DKL mount

I am not an optics expert but believe that the issue with the DKL lens was that they were hard to make into a fast lens - something to do with the rear optics and the need to fit it into standard aperture mechanism in the camera body.

But that does not mean that the lenses were not good.  I was lucky enough to spend the necessary money and buy the jewel-like Yi Neng DKL-M42 adapter (they made that DKL adapter for various host mounts). It is not so much of the run of the mill cheap adapter but a full and precise replication of the aperture part that was part of the DKL camera bodies - right down to the same materials used.  When mounted it looks like part of the lens it is attached to, very neat .... even has the moving dof indicators and understands the different maximum apertures of all the lenses.

There have been cheaper adapters made since but the jewel of the Yi Neng is well worth the extra money.  So well made and finished.  I don’t usually go into rhapsodies about adapters but Yi Neng hardly ever get a mention and they surely deserve better press.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow