Fuji XT30 - Sensor Damage

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DaftHugh New Member • Posts: 4
Fuji XT30 - Sensor Damage

Below, my XT30 in ruin I think. Now, I've asked a Fuji repair crowd, by email, what their diagnosis is on the basis of this photo. Is this damage irreparable? Their answer is we would have to see the equipment and they then refer me to a link to purchase my slot with the fuji repairs team in the UK. That would cost me £130 which is okay if it is fixable! (add cost of shipping equipment from Ireland)

However, if the camera has had its day, is kaput, I'm not really happy forking out the cash. I've read a little about mirrorless camera sensors and there is a filter over the actual sensor, have I potentially just damaged a filter over the sensor? And is it likely that the repairs team could remove and replace this filter or is this filter bound to the sensor in some way that means it's a waste of time me talking about some filter that I believe exists?

Any advice on next steps would be appreciated. Anything from "yep, just chuck them the £130" to "just take photos of stuff with lots of texture in"... all welcome!

Help DaftHugh!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow