Leofoto LS-223C vs Aoka CMP163C for Nikon D750

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
starbase218 Contributing Member • Posts: 809
Leofoto LS-223C vs Aoka CMP163C for Nikon D750

I've been on the lookout for a small tripod for a while now, and decided to pull the trigger on a Leofoto LS-223C with the LH-25 ball head. It came in today and it's very sturdy. But it's also a little bit on the heavy side for its size. And given that it's a mini tripod (only reaches about 40cm height) I wonder if I could do with something a bit smaller and lighter instead.

I also came across the Aoka CMP163C, which reaches about the same height (without the center column) but weighs 440 grams, compared to 720 for the Leofoto.

I'm wondering if anyone has used the CMP163C (or the Oben CTT-1000, apparently that's the same tripod/head) with something like a D750 and 24-120mm f/4 lens, and if so, how did the tripod manage with the weight?

Thanks.

starbase218's gear list:starbase218's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX100 V Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +5 more
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow