What's your favourite adapted lens mount?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Belgarchi Senior Member • Posts: 2,399
Re: What's your favourite adapted lens mount?

Pragma wrote:

I'm looking at picking up a new set of lenses for my Fuji X-T1 but Im essentially starting from a clean slate. I have a Canon FD 28mm F/2.8 and 28-85 F/4 left over after selling my Canon camera. I've never found the FD line of lenses to be particularly beautiful but they worked well enough and were plentiful.

I had a rather full set of M42 Takumar primea but sold them with the camera as a set - I regret doing it now as they were in mint condition but such is life.

Now I'm looking at OM lenses, Nikon F, or the Pentax K. I have a Nikon F3 with a 200mm F/4 but the lens is in such bad condition I'd never waste my time adapting. I have no time for film and that process but maybe that will change.

Anyway just curious what your prefered mount is or what you would focus on purchasing if you could start again.

It depends..... Here are the pluses of my 4 favorite mounts:

- Nikon F: Robust mount, large choice of lenses, lenses of excellent mechanical quality, compatible with their DSLRs, can be adapted on Canon DSLRs

- Pentax K: Robust mount, large choice of lenses, excellent coating, lenses compatible with their DSLRs, can be adapted on Canon DSLRs

- Minolta MD: Low prices, lenses of excellent optical quality

- Contax Zeiss: Lenses of excellent optical and mechanical quality, excellent coating, lenses can be adapted on Canon DSLRs

Belgarchi's gear list:Belgarchi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Leica D-Lux 7 Olympus PEN-F Pentax KP Fujifilm X-T3 +105 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow