Travel photography with 2 cameras

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bkh21 Junior Member • Posts: 37
Travel photography with 2 cameras

Travel photography is my hobby. I started out with a Nikon D7000 and DX 10-24, 16-85, 70-300 and 35mm prime ten years ago. Although it was a pretty good setup, it is heavy and not discrete for street photography. I also don’t prefer to switch lens while traveling oversea. So I sold them and got a Sony RX100 VII. It is a great travel and street camera. However, I missed the ultra-wide angle zoom, which I still have the DX 10-24. Also the RX100 is not great for low light or night photography.

I am thinking of adding a second camera for travel. The second camera will be used to supplement my RX100. I can use the RX100 most of the time. The second camera should be an ILC which I can almost permanently attach the ultra-wide zoom for dramatic landscape and tight space. I can add a fast prime or a Sigma 17-50 F2.8 HSM for low light shooting. Note that video is not my requirement for the 2nd body (RX100 is great for 4k video and fast actions tracking in bright light).

I am considering the following options:

1) Nikon Z50 with FTZ adapter. Pros: make use of my 10-24mm; great ergonomic for Nikon users; relatively inexpensive with the 50-250 mm lens. Cons: no ibis. It could get heavy and bulky with FTZ and lens.

2) Fuji X-S10 – Pros: ibis and great selection of lens. Cons – lot more expensive than Z50 with the Fuji 10-24mm, 23mm F2, and 55-200mm. It has higher resolution than Z50, but low light is probably not as good.

3) Nikon Z5 with 24-200mm lens for $1699. Add the Z14-30mm for UWA zoom and a fast prime. Sell my RX100. Now I am back to where I started.

What would you recommend and why? Thank you in advance.

Fujifilm X-S10 Nikon Z5 Nikon Z50 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow