Trying out a 7Artisans 60 mm, f/2.8 Z mount on a Nikon Z50

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Toxdox42 Regular Member • Posts: 473
Trying out a 7Artisans 60 mm, f/2.8 Z mount on a Nikon Z50

I have been using Meike extension tubes and have had some success, but so many people suggest a macro lens, that I started to look.  Nikon doesn't yet, have one which is native Z, and putting the one they do have on an FTZ felt just "wrong," in my hand.  I am sure at some time, they will have one, so I decided to save my funds for then.  I looked around to see if there was a less expensive one to fool with.  I discovered the 7Artisan for $149 at Walmart with free delivery.  The one review I found suggested it might be a good interim solution.

I ordered it with standard free delivery.  It came in 4 days from order.

Just tried a few images.  It is HEAVY, but manageable.  It has a red dot in the inner mount to line it up, which is funky, and the lens cap takes some getting used to, you cannot remove it with the inner "thingees," must use the outer ring.

It is totally manual, that also means that you get no data attached to the images, a bit of a bummer, but focus peaking worked well.

These images were all shot hand held.  Inside shots all at f/2.8, ISO 2k, ss 1/80, outside ISO 350-2000, f/5.6-11, ss 250-1000, so sorry I didn't note each exposure since I didn't realize that the data wasn't recorded.  The coins ranged from 1:3 to 1:1, outdoors generally 1:3.

Toxdox42's gear list:Toxdox42's gear list
Nikon D3400 Nikon Z50
Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow