A7 II no camera sensor output on LCD?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jcun4128 New Member • Posts: 22
A7 II no camera sensor output on LCD?

So... I have a used A7II and I dinged up the corner of my LCD. I bought this entire replacement metal LCD display but I did not realize you could just detach the cable at the display itself. So I took the camera completely apart following some guides to detach the ribbon cable from the board.

Anyway some extra screws later, I get the camera back together and then I test it. The sensor is not outputting an image on the display. All the other details are there though regarding the OSD eg. MF/AF, ISO, etc... all the buttons works.

So I wasn't sure if something is wrong or if the camera has a detection that it was messed with and then goes into like a "safe mode".

It seems like everything is connected, when I run the "clean mode" for example, the lens vibrates and then says to restart. But yeah, where you normally get an image in the background under the letters/OSD messages, it's just black.

Any thoughts? I intend to take it apart again to see maybe a ribbon cable was disconnected.

Oh if you want some gore... see the image below.

I am getting an A7RIII next but was hoping I didn't kill this camera, wouldn't mind having it as a spare.

Learning is a painful process ha

Pain

jcun4128's gear list:jcun4128's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a7 II Sony a7R III Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC +6 more
Sony a7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow