What's your favourite adapted lens mount?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
E Dinkla Senior Member • Posts: 2,321
Re: What's your favourite adapted lens mount?

Pragma wrote:

I'm looking at picking up a new set of lenses for my Fuji X-T1 but Im essentially starting from a clean slate. I have a Canon FD 28mm F/2.8 and 28-85 F/4 left over after selling my Canon camera. I've never found the FD line of lenses to be particularly beautiful but they worked well enough and were plentiful.

I had a rather full set of M42 Takumar primea but sold them with the camera as a set - I regret doing it now as they were in mint condition but such is life.

Now I'm looking at OM lenses, Nikon F, or the Pentax K. I have a Nikon F3 with a 200mm F/4 but the lens is in such bad condition I'd never waste my time adapting. I have no time for film and that process but maybe that will change.

Anyway just curious what your prefered mount is or what you would focus on purchasing if you could start again.

Cheers!

Go between mount: EF for vintage SLR and longer register distance lenses. To fit (preferably with chips added) on an intelligent EF to Sony FE mount. Should make a change to another mirrorless camera easier as well as only the intelligent adapter has to be replaced.

Any shorter register distance lenses than SLR ones: a conversion to Sony EF mount. Like several of my salvaged compact camera lenses did get.

In the macro division: M42, as the M42 extension tubes are inexpensive, fitting to bellows is easy, extension tubes can contain scanner lenses etc, reverse use of the last is also easy with a short male/male M42 adapter. M42 to Sony FE and Canon EF mount adapters are inexpensive too.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
No photographer's gear list is complete without the printer mentioned !

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow