For those who upgraded, who kept their DSLR for certain scenarios?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Eric_SS New Member • Posts: 2
For those who upgraded, who kept their DSLR for certain scenarios?

I just upgraded to a Z7ii and so far love it. I enjoy shooting everything. I do mostly car photography and landscape photography which the Z7ii is wonderful for so far but I do enjoy shooting some sporting events and wildlife.

I have the FTZ adapter and can put the crop sensor lenses I have onto the Z7ii to get that reach I like for sports and wildlife so I'm going to for sure keep the lenses.

My question however is has anyone kept their crop sensor DSLR after upgrading to a full frame Mirrorless?  How much better, if any, will the D7500 be for fast focusing and af-c tracking compared to the Z7ii? I like how fast the D7500 locks on and how I can track things through the viewfinder when it comes to sports and moving wildlife.

Does the D7500 have enough of advantage over the mirrorless camera to warrant keeping it in the bag for those items or does the newer tech in the Z7ii overcome the older tech in the D7500?

Thanks all.

Nikon D7500 Nikon Z7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow