What's your favourite adapted lens mount?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Larry Rexley Regular Member • Posts: 386
Re: What's your favourite adapted lens mount?

blåland wrote:

Minolta SR for solid design, lenses feel good and operate well adapted.

M42 for the vast amount of lenses available including German lenses. Less good is that if helicoid grease gets bad the lenses unmount them selves when focusing.
For a complete restart I take the C/Y mount. Just like Minolta simple to adapt and feels good to use. The ultimate slr lens selection in my opinion, not counting some m42 lenses. The wallet will feel it though.

Another vote for both Minolta SR and C/Y. I use both on Canon EOS M mount with a Canon M6 Mark II (As I had the Canon EF - EOS M adapter already I just got a C/Y to Canon EF slim adapter and leave it on my one C/Y lens all the time).

The Minolta Rokkors and MD lenses I found to have great build quality, operate smoothly, very good to excellent image quality, and nice slightly warm color rendering compared to the modern Canon lenses.

The Yashica ML 50mm f1.7 lens I got recently turns out to be one of the sharpest and best lenses I have.

Both very solid mounts, no mechanical issues with lenses. I used Canon FD lenses for 2 decades and that breech/bayonet mount is very fiddly, I didn't want to deal with it for adapted lenses.

Larry Rexley's gear list:Larry Rexley's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow