What's your favourite adapted lens mount?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
petrochemist Veteran Member • Posts: 3,057
Re: What's your favourite adapted lens mount?

QuietOC wrote:

Pragma wrote:

Anyway just curious what your prefered mount is or what you would focus on purchasing if you could start again.

Canon EF as they seem to be the best lenses, and I like having AF.

Interesting I'd rate EF among my least favourites for adapting because you HAVE to use a smart adapter. Just about any other mount I have I can mount lenses focus them & control apertures with an adapter that's under £20. Minolta's short lived Vectis range & the Werra mount are the only others I can't adapt at reasonable price.

They make some nice lenses for sure, but not significantly better than others. i think my Carl Zeiss Jena Flektagon (in M42 mount FWIW) would be every bit as good as any Canon lens.

I regularly use PK, OM, LTM, M42, T2, adaptall2 mounts as well as a few home mounted lenses and some others I use less regularly. I've not found much to dislike in any of them. For moderate focal lengths I particularly like the small size of the LTM lenses, but they don't fare quite so well out side of the 35-80mm range.

If AF is vital to you usage the Techart Pro should allow AF of any of my routine mounts (via a LM adapter) but on a camera with good focus assists I find AF is not needed to get sharp images & manual focus is about as quick if pin sharp isn't needed. Indeed with some of my older SLR lenses AF struggles on a DSLR yet focus peaking & magnify enable rapid 7 accurate focus.

petrochemist's gear list:petrochemist's gear list
Pentax K100D Sigma SD14 Pentax K-7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow