your FZ "sweet spot": from FZ28 to FZ1000

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Labe Forum Pro • Posts: 12,405
Re: your FZ "sweet spot": from FZ28 to FZ1000

windmillgolfer wrote:

Jerry,

Yes, the FZ80/82 is a temptation and I did succumb but didn’t keep it for long. The 20-1200mm zoom range is very attractive but the IQ just isn’t there at the longer end but I still think it is very good value for the occasional super long shot - https://www.flickr.com/photos/dieselgolfer/albums/72157698013761104/with/42899582865/ - bought at refurbished from Panasonic I sold it for very little loss.

I have the Panasonic 100-400mm sat, almost permanently, on my G9. Great for wildlife but a tad heavier.

We’ve visited the US many times, mainly Florida and the NW State parks. You guys certainly know how to organise a retirement community and it is easy to understand why they’re so popular, especially if you’re a golfer. (Despite my nickname I haven’t touched a golf club for over 10 years, since I tried to push my left kneecap through a concrete bollard - not recommended πŸ˜‰)

Take Care

I do wish Panasonic would take the 82 a little more seriously like Nikon have .

fz330 quality with that focal range would be a best seller for them

Labe's gear list:Labe's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR Sony RX10 II +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow