Laowa 9mm f/2.8 Zero-D vs XF 14mm f/2.8 R

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ms18
ms18 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,032
Laowa 9mm f/2.8 Zero-D vs XF 14mm f/2.8 R

I already have XF 23mm f/1.4 and XF 14mm f/2.8

I feel my XF 14mm not wide enough and not making big difference from XF 23mm I have. IT is different but not very different as I wanted.

My nokia 5.3 mobile has a wide camera equivalent of 13mm (in full frame) and despite the picture quality is worse i like that focal length. My XF 14 isn't' wide enough to cover that field of view.

I"m thinking about replacing my XF 14mm with Laowa 9mm. So far I never had to use XF 14mm on group people shot but it can be used. I'm worried that 9mm can never be used even in group of people in closed spaces considering it's ultra wide perspective.

Still i never had to grab my XF 14 to shoot people. I could manage with 23mm so far this is what led me thinking in to go for 9mm and keep it primarily for landscape and architecture.

I like to hear you advices. May be getting 9mm a good move from 14mm?

Please comment about the image quality difference between these lenses too if you have used both of them.

-- hide signature --

If you like my pictures follow me on Insta
https://www.instagram.com/mahidoes/

ms18's gear list:ms18's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow