Where have all our posters gone?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 34,590
Still present, with or without an active A-mount

I don't post many individual posts here, since I don't actively shoot with an A-mount anymore...though I still have one.  I wouldn't get much on trade, so couldn't bring myself to sell/trade it, and kept my old A580 around - I used it for so many years that it's almost part of me.

I moved to E-mount full-time, after shooting A-mount and E-mount side by side for over 7 years.  Early E-mounts were nice 2nd cameras but weren't able to fulfill all my shooting needs, but as time went on and the cameras evolved and improved, they finally became capable of covering all my shooting needs, and the lens selection filled out very nicely - that's when I decided to make the transition to just one system.

But I also have participated in, and hosted, the weekly wildlife thread in this forum for so many years (it started in 2007 before I had a DSLR...I think I 'hosted' the weekly thread for the first time in November 2009), and though there's not as much activity now, I couldn't let it die just yet!  Since it's open to any camera, any brand, I hope it manages to keep going for a little while longer - maybe if it finally dies out here, or this forum slows to a stop, I might try migrating it elsewhere (still open to all, including A-mount)...but for the foreseeable future, I'll keep it here.

I have gone through some older photos recently, all the way back to my first digital photos with a Mavica in 1998, and through various A-mount bodies too, trying out some new processing techniques and tools to see if new life can be brought to old photos - uprezzing them, making them sharper, cleaner, etc.  It's been fun looking back on some old photos, and processing them a little better than the first try.  All A-mount:

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony a6600 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow