your FZ "sweet spot": from FZ28 to FZ1000

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
windmillgolfer
windmillgolfer Forum Pro • Posts: 17,096
Re: your FZ "sweet spot": from FZ28 to FZ1000

I still rate the FZ50, I’ve bought and sold a few. Recently bought one for conversion to IR but, having spotted and bought a ready converted GF1, I shall now just keep it for occasional use. The FZ50’s colour rendition I find very attractive.

Worst FZ out of several I progressed through, the FZ100, just plain noisy. The FZ150 was a massive step up from the FZ100. The FZ200, with its constant f2.8 lens, allowed better shutter speeds at 600mm and I thought it a step up from the FZ150.

Enter the FZ330, one of the few cameras I bought early in its lifecycle and full price. I used it extensively but sold it a couple of years ago because I was spending too much time on PP having not made the switch to RAW. However, the FZ330 was the pinnacle for me: fast in operation, fast lens, great EVF, effective weathersealing and not too big or heavy.

Although I was firmly down the M43 track, tempted by an exceptional double special offer price, I did buy an FZ2000. IQ OOC was OK but the body was simply too big and the fully extended lens at switch on made it unwieldy. So, I sold it after trying it for several months and on a couple of holidays. I’m not surprised that offer prices are now low.

So, the FZ330 is still top of the tree and, if I spot one at good price, I might yet buy another.

windmillgolfer's gear list:windmillgolfer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF7 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow